What expenses can be paid from a Health Care Flexible Spending Account?
The expenses that can be paid from a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA) should cover unreimbursed medical care costs for an employee, spouse and dependents.
While not an exhaustive list, common expenses can include:
- deductibles and co-pays under a medical, dental or vision plan
- diagnostic services
- expenses for the cure, alleviation and treatment of an existing condition
- those for the prevention of an imminent condition or disease
- prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines or drugs obtained with a prescription, plus insulin
- hospital, and surgical care
- dental, vision and auditory care
- laboratory services
- other services such as x-rays, ambulance and durable medical equipment
This article was last updated on
March 20, 2011